Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring is here!

Yes, Spring is here and I am determined to break this no-blog cycle! We have had such an insanely busy last couple of months, and so much has happened. To tell you the truth, I'm totally overwhelmed at the idea of putting a bunch of photos up right now. So, I'll just include a couple, along with updates, and give you the link to our online photo albums if you want to see more.

Teo turned one in February and he's really blossoming into a funny character. A few notes on him: he's officially sleeping through the night (yes, 12 hours!). He goes down so well although recently, he's started becoming quite the comedian. If he's not tired when we put him down, he'll play in his crib. We used to let Sapphie do that, which was fine because she would just read and sing. But Teo tends to get rowdy and starts whooping it up. So we'll go in and as soon as we open the door, he screams with laughter and throws himself into the mattress. It's hilarious. Every time he wakes up in the mornings, Kevin brings him in to our bedroom and he looks at me and starts smacking his lips (this means he wants to nurse, which he still does 2-3 times a day). That's pretty cute too.

He LOVES to take a bath with Sapphie and he just started doing "Tsunami," this crazy splash-wave thing with his hands. He really cracks himself up! He's also a total hog and at some meals he eats more than me. It's crazy how much he can put away! As a result, he's quickly catching up to Sapphie and in about 3 more pounds they'll be the same weight. Believe it or not, people regularly ask me if they're twins.

I think the funniest and most interesting development with Teo is that he is not always the little lover I had originally thought. I was so worried that Sapphie would constantly be pushing him around and he would just take it. Not so much. Teo has started squealing, swatting, throwing, and yes, biting, when Sapphie crosses the line. This is also really funny and it's all I can do not to crack a smile. He's got spunk. Piss him off and he stares you down. If you don't back off, he follows up with a swat, or if you're lucky, he does this think that looks like a cross between a merman and a sea lion. He'll arch his back and squawk at you! I'd love to get it on video one of these days, but the camera usually distracts him too much.

Sapphie, on the other hand, is developing just as I expected: confidence and attitude increasing (yes, she's constantly trying to boss us around), meltdowns are insane, wants to pick her own outfits and dress herself (of course we let her; she almost always wears a tutu to school). She's exactly like the little girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead: at times, she is just the sweetest thing ever and it melts your heart. At other times, she comes out of bed with messy hair and an attitude you wouldn't believe! It's hard to manage because I don't want to suppress her personality, but I do feel like I'm constantly arguing with her. I had no idea this would be happening at 3...thought she'd at least wait until she was a teenager! When she irritates me, I say "Sapphie, I'm not impressed." Now when Teo does something, she'll be like "Teo, I'm impressed!" It's pretty cute.

She's afraid of the dark now. This is new...but a couple nights a week she usually tries to come in our bed. I feel badly; I remember the feeling of being scared at night (actually when Kevin is gone, I still go a little crazy with my imagination).
Sapphie loves to sing and she's really into watching singing videos on YouTube. We watch songs from Annie, Mary Poppins, and the Little Mermaid. She loves it!

Okay here are a few pictures from the last few months:


Sledding

Morning snuggles
Teo's 1st birthday!

Yes, she chose this outfit (and posed for the camera) all on her own.

Learning to ski!!


Tired after a day of skiing.


They love to read together. It's adorable.


Teo and Amelia. We watch Amelia 3 days a week now, and it's so fun!!

Amelia ("Meals") sleeping in the sling. She loves it in there.

Since I'm rehearsing on Sunday, Kevin is with the kids. Yes, he feeds them chocolate for lunch.
My lover boy, home sick so we got some QT together just the two of us. It was a heat wave!! 85 degrees in March.

Something I pulled out of Sapphie's nose (that's right). It was a present she got from her first dentist visit, and we almost made it to the ER. Aileen, I thought of you and all the creepy things you see!



Teo's first time playing in our sandbox, during the heatwave. He LOVED it!! And Sapphie loved having a playmate.


HAPPY SPRING!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastic blog! So pleased that Kevin feeds his children chocolate for lunch!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...