Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snow (by Kevin)

Saturday the 20th and Sunday 21st were the first official “Powder” days of the 2008-2009 ski season. It came in on the brink of the Winter Solstice, the first day of winter, with a bang. Over a 48-hour period, close to 20 inches plus of snow fell across the Green Mountain’s. I was off to Sugarbush both days catching the waves of powder drifts that awaited me. Winter is my favorite time of year because I can play in the snow and the back country terrain that contains the secret powder stashes that Mt. Abraham and Ellen have to offer. I can not disclose the exact locations of these powder spots over the internet, but I am willing to take you to them if you so desire. As I skied, I kept my phone in my front jacket pocket anticipating that the next call would be from Emi beckoning me home as she started labor. The phone rang but they were not important enough calls to take on a Powder Day so the calls waited and the skis turned and burned their way down the steeps, peaks and glades of Sugarbush. I was rocking knee deep powder and waist deep in areas that had drifted. All in all it was good day and a great way to welcome Mother Winter. I hope this is an omen for things to come this winter. So get out and enjoy the snow in whatever way you enjoy the snow, I sure did.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...