Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Coffia

I love coffee. Do you? The smell of freshly ground beans, the anticipation of that first sip, the very thought of it makes me feel instantly at peace with the world. Since I'm nursing, my daily caffeine fix usually comes from a small cup of tea. On the weekends, however, and once a week (my baby-free Fridays), I splurge and make myself a 1/2-caff cup of freshly brewed coffee. In the Wall family, we call it "coffia". The word means more than just a hot drink; it means relaxation, bonding, reflection, and good conversation. Brenda was always my regular coffia date, and I've yet to replace her! I hope we can have some coffia soon. Have you had your coffia this week? If not, call a friend and make a date! Or head down to Church Street solo and enjoy some coffia and some excellent people watching.

A beautiful soy-milk latte made for me at Uncommon Grounds

3 comments:

Penelope said...

We have coffia every morning. When I drink coffee at work, it's not very good--I do NOT call it coffia. Coffia is love.

Hanushka said...

I would love to have a cup of coffia with you very soon. In fact, I can hardly wait for the next cup we share together...

Unknown said...

When you wake up in the morning and it's quarter to two,
And you just don't know what you should do,
You drink coffia, whatta you do? You drink coffia!
When you wake up in the morning and it's quarter to three,
And all you can say is 'fiddle-de-dee',
Then drink coffia, whatta you do?
Drink your coffia!
When you wake up in the morning and it's quarter to four,
You scream oh my word I can't take it any more!
Give me coffia! Give me, give me, give me
Give me coffia!
When you wake up in the morning and it's quater to five
And you're just so glad to be alive
Drink your coffia! Oh my, my!
I'll drink my coffia!!
FINIS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...