Monday, June 29, 2009

Six Months!!

Sapphie turned six months on Friday. It's been a busy month! She started solids, got dedicated, started rolling around the floor like a steam roller, has increased her vocabulary with "da da da", "na na na", and laughs when I wash her armpits. Time with her gets more and more fun every day.
At her 6 month check-up, Sapphie was off the charts for height (95th percentile)! Her weight is now average, so she looks like a long bean pole!
Sapphie loves to eat. So far, I've been pretty liberal with what I let her try (no bad reactions yet!). She still has a pretty strong gag reflex, so I have to give her very tiny pieces or moosh the food up before giving it to her. She's tried sweet potato, pear, banana, mango, hummus, grilled salmon, squash & apple soup, berry crisp, and some veggie samosa from Samosaman. Oh yes, and Isaac also rubbed a salt and vinegar chip on her tongue. She liked it! Actually, she loves everything! If she could fit a create her own meal though, this is the sort of menu I think she'd request:

Appetizer ~ goat milk yogurt with rice cereal and pureed pears
Main Meal ~ pureed sweet potato and grilled salmon
Dessert ~ banana and breast milk puree

Luckily, we haven't seen any type of stranger anxiety yet. Sapphie loves everyone she meets and pretty much lets anybody hold her. We're taking the summer off from baby yoga, but she comes running with me and we're reading a lot. She also likes to play peak-a-boo and she loves it when I sing to her.
Kevin now puts her to bed at least 3 nights a week. Of course she prefers mummy at bedtime, but she's slowly learning to love the way daddy coos her to sleep with his shooshes.
Sapphie still comes to work with me and is such a good girl. Only 2 more months and I'll be done with this job...but I think she'll be crawling before then! We'll figure it out...


That's about it for our six-month update. Enjoy the photos!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Simply love this post and all these amazing photographs...Saphhie, you're totally blossoming into a beautiful rose! I love you x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...