Monday, December 14, 2009

Moo Devil or Merry Christmas (by Kevin)

My lack of posts are very inexcusable and I have to make a better effort to get my thoughts on the blog. I have a lot of ideas that go through my head during the course of the day that would be good for the blog but I can not find the time to sit down and write about my day. I have the dogs to deal with, Sapphire to play with and put to bed, then dinner and work after that. I am not on Facebook, I am not going to Tweet and I do not have Myspace so this is the only place I can express myself.

I am going to make a goal to blog about some things I deal with day in day out once or twice a week. So you might be reading a lot about cows, farms and idiot drivers on the interstate.

Last week I came across a cow at Conant's Riverside Farm in Richmond, VT. Conant's is home to 370 mature Holstein's and approximately 300 or so head of young stock run by the father and son team David and Ransom Conant. Of course I must mention that Conant's is the home to the best sweet corn in the state.

I stumbled upon Cow # 4, who resides in Group 3, and was taken by surprise to find that she had decorated herself for the Holiday's. Or, she might be a cousin of "Loco Vaca" and was making sure everyone knew to keep their distance from her. I opted not to rustle her from her roost to find out if she was the cousin to "Loco Vaca", or was just in the Holiday spirit and decorated her horns to make the other girls jealous. She quitely posed for me so I could take her picture, but she kept a watchful eye on my actions. I realized if she was not in the Holiday spirit then maybe she is "Moo Devil": a defender of all cows against humans. Humans that touch and pull on their teats to harvest the bountiful white stuff we call milk. Her mission is to rid the practice of touching teat ends with cold rough hands early in wee hours of the morning. When you are not looking "Moo Devil" swoops in and horns the offender in the ass.So watch out if you are not gentle in mammary gland teat stimulation "Moo Devil" has something to say about that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I refuse to believe that this beautiful bovine has anything at all to do with Lucifer, unless you can also provide a photograph of her tail! Is it black and white? Is it red, with an accompanying tell-tale arrowhead? Does she, indeed, even HAVE a tail? You see, Kouri, this is how rumours begin! Incomplete, or erroneous reporting, can lead to no end of fairy-tales...whereas thorough investigation can put an end to fairy tails!! The answer to all of life's queries can be found in the colour and shape of the tail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...