Monday, January 11, 2010

The True Giving Tree (by Kevin)

Emma and I have been brought back to our youth with Sapphire in the family. We are remembering our favorite books and songs. One book that I loved as a little kid was "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein. It was about a tree that grow up with a little boy into his adulthood and ultimately gave itself up to provide for the boy.

I ran across this story in the Burlington Free Press the other day. Check it out. It is an amazing story about a tree called Herbie and a man. The tree is a Dutch Elm that resides in Yarmouth, ME. It is a moving story about the relationship between Man and Tree and ultimately a tree in the town of Yarmouth, ME.

The link below will bring you to the story. I hope you enjoy.

240 Year Old Dutch Elm

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My eyes are stinging!! :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...