Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Red Maple

This is the red maple tree outside of our courtyard. It's my favorite tree on the property, and if you can believe it I just took this picture last week!! All other trees are brown and long past their peak colors, but this one waited for some reason...
Last week was a big week for us. On Tuesday, I finished my PhD exam, after 6.5 years of graduate school. Fall is my favorite time of year, and although I was excited to finish school, I was worried that I would not have time to enjoy the beautiful colors of fall. Kevin didn't have much time to enjoy anything either, because he was working double-time as the money maker and the house wife. I almost bought him a little apron, but I didn't have time to go to the store. Besides, there is something really nice about watching him dust-mop in his boxer briefs, while on the phone with a client (sorry, no picture included).
Anyway, my presentation and exam went very well, and I even had a very nice business set on, despite my large bump! On Wednesday, I took the day off to recover and catch up on some things. When I got out of the car and walked toward the house, I was breath taken by this beautiful tree and it's color. I went inside, and the future baby's room was totally red from the tree.
The next day, leaves started falling from the top, and now, they are almost gone. I believe that this beautiful tree waited for me to complete my last big accomplishment before having a baby. I hope we have at least 1 or 2 more foliage seasons in this house, so that our baby can see the beauty of this loving tree. Oh that reminds me, I don't have a copy of The Giving Tree yet! Must get one for Baby Kouri.

4 comments:

Penelope said...

Yay! Love your first post!! xoxo

Hanushka said...

This is awesome! xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

Oh Emi: I'm so glad you're blogging! I have The Giving Tree for Baby Kouri, and in Latin, too, should he/she become a scholar!! Keep up the good work!

Mindy said...

This calls for a big "YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!" Nice job, Emi and Kev Dog! I look forward to many more smiles from you posts:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...