Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shredded wheat with bananas and raisins

That's what I had for breakfast this morning, and yesterday morning too. It makes me think of Papa Roger. I've been missing him a lot lately. Papa Roger was a man of routine, and he definitely passed his "routine genes" down to me. He used to have shredded wheat Monday through Friday, then eggs and bacon on Saturdays, then waffles or pancakes on Sundays. No variation, like clockwork.

Here he is on his 90th birthday, nearly 4 years ago. Scotch was also a big part of his daily routine, and he received plenty of it on his birthday! Once Baby Kouri comes, I'll be able to start enjoying scotch again too.

I think Saturday morning, we'll have eggs and bacon in honor of him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the memory Emi! What a terrific guy he was...I reckon you'll have plenty to toast within the next week or so!
It was so nice to see you all this week, and to get our tootsies painted in jovial Christmas colours! Love to you all xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...