Tuesday, December 2, 2008

In a Pinch

I'm due in 3 weeks, and am finally starting to feel like a pregnant woman! Sore back, tender pelvis, swollen ankles...I shouldn't complain though. At night, I sleep very soundly, and use the bathroom maybe twice (compare that to my friend Elisa who visited the loo 6+ times a night during her last trimester!). Up to now, I have felt great and really unlimited. Last night, however, I was feeling very sorry for myself. We ordered take-out (from boloco burritos on Church Street - we give them a 6 out of 10). I took a hot bath, then talked to Hannah for an hour while I iced my lower back. I didn't go grocery shopping because my back was too sore. This morning, we were out of milk. Have you ever tried eggnog in your oatmeal? Or in your Earl Grey tea? Something only a pregnant woman would think of, but it was surprisingly delicious! You should try it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There once was a girl with a back
So sore that for milk she did lack.
She thought a great deal,
About stodgy oatmeal;
She yearned for Earl Grey,
But the milk was astray;
She couldn't go shop,
Coz her back went flop-bot;
So egg-nog she sloshed on the lot!

Okay, Kevin, it's the best I can come up with under such pressure!
Hope it calms you down a bit! x

Kathleen said...

lord your mom is genius!! I have worked with eggnog in my time ...but never on cereal..but in tea, coffee, over ice cream and left over apple or pumpkin pie...heaven!!! but one of my most delightful "mother of invention" treats was on a train in France, hated the train water so brushed my teeth Pierre water, in was positively scintillating!!! so I did for the whole 2 months...felt terribly Continental for some reason,,,

Penelope said...

Ooh, sounds delightful! Remember when we used to put half & half in our cereal instead of milk at Mama Sonia's? She wasn't too impressed, but I think she'd approve of the eggnog. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...