Sunday, March 21, 2010

On the move

That's Sapphie now, always moving. People warn you, but there's really no way to prepare for this new stage. There are so many things happening! First of all, Sapphie is going crazy with new words. If you remember, she started shaking her head about 10 months ago, when I tried to feed her something she didn't like. Well, about a week ago, she finally started saying NO! It seems to be one of her favorite words, right behind Mummy and Daddy. She points to off-limit objects and shouts "no!". She cries and yells no when I put her in her highchair or car seat. She says no when I pick her up if she'd rather walk (she's not fully walking yet, but walks when you hold her hand). She wants to walk EVERYWHERE. She comes over to my leg and yells "mummy? Go? Go?!" And if I'm not quick to my feet, she promptly throws herself to the ground and starts writhing around like a worm. And screams. She has NO patience.
She wants it now, her way. And, when we're walking, I'd better not get too far ahead! She likes to lead the way, and if I start to get in front, she does the worm.

Sapphie loves to talk it seems! She does a lot of verbal "spewage", a lot of times nonsense but if I ask her to say a word, she tries! Some of her new words are turtle, bubbles, pizza, oh and apple! She loves apple and says "bapple!". She still loves to dance and shakes her bum or shimmees her shoulders every chance she gets. It's so cute.

I think the thing that has amazed us the most, aside from her strong will, is her love for books. If we are doing the dishes or getting dinner ready, and we can't hear Sapphie making any noise, it's a safe bet that she's in front of the bookcase, with a book in her lap. She never gets sick of flipping through books, and she does it all the time! One of her favorites is my American Kennel Club dog book. She loves looking through the pictures and making little high-pitch squeaking noises as she points to each dog. She also likes my bird book.

The dogs are still so good with her, even though she's started getting quite a little attitude with them! When Cabot begs, she yells no to him and pushes him away. Most of the time she hugs and kisses them, but she also likes to pull their tails and poke them in their ears. She loves to help me clean Cooper's ears.

My favorite picture this month? Probably this one of her with the dogs. I love how much she loves them.

I LOVE this picture of Sapphie and Auntie P, on Penelope's wedding day
And here are a few more! Not as overwhelming as usual. I'm going to be better about blogging more frequently!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...