Monday, December 27, 2010

First real sledding day

This Christmas Eve, Sapphie had her first real sledding day. Of course we took her out last year, but only on the golf course (no hills, just flat). She loved it but was still too little to go on any hills. Here she is being towed by Kevin last year:

She had a blast and loved wearing her sunglasses!


This year, on Friday (Christmas Eve), I put her in the backpack and we went over to the golf course to walk the dogs. Honestly, it hadn't even occurred to me to bring the sled since there's no way I can pull it (34 weeks pregnant and a sore back), and I like having her in the backpack so she can see everything that I see. She still insists on wearing her sunglasses. And refuses to wear mittens.


As soon as we got there, I hear the shrieks of joy coming from the gigantic sledding hill and point out to Sapphie all of the kids sledding down the hill. "See kids!" She yelled. I told her we would go later, after our walk. So we did a loop on the course, then turned around and the whole way back, she asked if we could go watch the kids. We went over to the hill and she wanted to get out, but I hadn't put her boots on (she was wearing her slippers)! What was I thinking? I'm going through a huge learning curve during this switch from baby to toddler. I forget that she wants to do everything we do, not just sit there with her cute booties on! So Kev ran home and got her boots, but while he was gone she said she wanted to go sledding. So she and I headed home to get her sled, and met daddy in the driveway. He took her in our back yard on the ledge which is pretty steep! She LOVED it. Here's the video:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...