Friday, June 11, 2010

Hug A Farmer Campaign (by Kevin)

As I think more and more about my work and my current role and position that I am filling at this very moment in time it is just not dairy nutritionist/sales person for Poulin Grain. Sure that is what my business card says but I do more then that. If you read the previous post Farm Report you would have grasped some sense of what these guys are currently facing for dairy economics.

Well I am adding a title to my business card: Farmer Support Person or Farm Therapist. There are days that when I am on farm we do not talk cows or crops. We talk family, stress and how they are going to pull themselves out of this hole. How are we going to grade the ruts out of the road and get back up on an even playing surface? By the time you leave you want to give them a hug, pat them on their back, high five, knuckles or a general thank you. But something to show them you appreciate what they are doing and you respect their determination.

I came across this piece that was produced by Right Side Production. They generated a campaign for Cabot entilted Hug A Farmer. In this short video you will see David Conant, the farmer, who farms the land next to the Kitchen Table in Richmond. If you head down 89 South towards Waterbury his farm is the big red barns off to the left hand side as you come down the hill and approach the Richmond exit.

Watch the video and realize and understand the message it is trying to convene to the general public.

Hug A Farmer Video Farm Cabot Creamery

We need to protect this vital industry in the State of Vermont and the rest of New England

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We went to a wedding today, and at the reception sat with a farmer from Greensboro called Steve Shatney and his wife Chris and one of their 3 sons. Larry got up and gave him a huge hug!!! He hadn't heard of the Hug a Farmer Campaign, but liked it a lot!!! Thought you'd like some feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...