Thursday, June 10, 2010

Like Auntie Like Niece, part Three

My sister Penelope has always loved to dress up. It always used to bug me so much when we were little! I am very much like my grandfather - no nonsense. Who has time to dress up and play 'tend?? Well that was Penelope's favorite activity and I had no time for it at all.
Now that we're older, I like dressing up too! It feels good. Still, both Hannah and Penelope are more creative at dressing than I am. I usually feel like a total square when they're around. Kevin has helped me to branch out though, and he always encourages me to buy fun pieces to spice up my wardrobe.
Sapphie seems to have inherited her auntie's passion for fun clothes! She loves to dress up. Seriously, she already does it with abosultely no prompting from me. She'll pull out her basket of shoes, and choose the Frye boots that Zoe let her borrow. Or, she'll through on her wellies with a tutu! I just can't wait until she starts school and tries to leave the house in one of her get-ups. Daddy will be wild....

Here is auntie Penelope. I think she's about 4 years old here. She was so proud of the outfit she put together!



And here is Sapphie, playing dress-up with Cooper.

She loves putting those boots on!
As you can see, Cooper was not thrilled. He's very no-nonsense, just like his mummy! xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Soe had just cut her hair all off in this photograph!! She was so proud of it!
Hannah was the one who used to find one of my blouses, sash it with a belt, another belt around her hair, and off she'd go to school!! Always with her favourite leg-warmers, of course!
'Wellies and tutus'! Sounds like the title for my new book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...