Saturday, June 18, 2011

I did it. I went for a run

For the first time in a year, I went running today. It was a huge ice breaker for me. I have always loved to run, but running with a jogging stroller is just not all it's cracked up to be. It's fine, and can sometimes be fun, but I'm constantly stopping to give Sapphie some more crackers, some water, to give Teo his nuk, etc....so I haven't even tried going running with the double jogger. We go walking every day, and that's been fine with me.
Before having kids, like Soe, my favorite thing to do was go running in the rain. Now, my favorite thing to do is go running without my jogger. But shortly after I got pregnant with Teo, my back was too sore to run at all and since he was born, I've been sticking to yoga and walking for exercise.
Today, I had a haircut at 5pm. I was SO tired (didn't sleep well last night), but I thought "you know, I should jog to my appointment." Then I kept thinking about how tired I was, and I used Soe's strategy! I decided to put my running gear on, and I would start walking. If I felt like running, I would! I ran all the way to the salon (not far! probably only 1.5miles), and felt amazing.

You've never felt freedom until you go running, by yourself, without your jogger and without your phone, after you've had a baby. I wanted to yell "I'm free!!!" to every person I passed! I refrained of course, and focused on keeping my abs tight and my shoulders back. It was fantastic and I feel great.

I can't wait to go again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...