Friday, June 17, 2011

Special moments

I'm always telling Kevin about the cool things he misses out on since he doesn't get to breastfeed the babies. Teo is in such a funny stage so I've got to document some of the adorable things he does.
One of my favorite moments is in the mornings, around 8. If Teo is fussy (which he often is), Kevin will take him when he gets up at 6. They'll play for a couple hours while I sleep, and Kevin will bring him back to me at 8 for a snack and a nap. Teo's feet will be freezing (because daddies don't notice these things), and you can see him go into ecstasy as I snuggle him in with his cold toes against my belly. We'll lay down together and huddle under the covers, and he'll start nursing. His eyes start rolling back in his head because he is SO tired, but he fights it so hard so he can stay up and eat some more. Then his eyebrows do these amazing waggles (Sapphie used to do this too). You can see him savoring every single sip, and you know he would stay down there forever if he could.

Other times, when I pull him up for air to burp him or switch sides, he get so upset! His little lip curls and and he starts up with the most pathetic cry you've ever heard as if he hasn't eaten in days. When I let him nurse for too long, even if he isn't hungry he stays there playing around and having fun. Then when I pull him up he's got milk all over his face and he looks half drunk he's so full.

Babies are so funny. At least for mine, they have both been so passionate and serious about nursing. It's like as long as they have the boob, all is right in the world.

In ecstasy after filling up...


Favorite spot to sleep

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...